We are very excited that Thanksgiving is just around the corner! This lemon, broccoli pasta is the perfect side dish for your Thanksgiving dinner. It’s quick, easy, delicious, and easily transportable in a FIFTY/FIFTY Food Storage Container. It can even be served hot or cold!
This is the best kind of recipe because you can swap in anything you have on hand! It’s simply rotini, broccoli and a simple lemon-butter-garlic sauce. Don’t have broccoli? Use squash! No rotini? Use spaghetti!
This year, if you are invited over for Thanksgiving dinner, pack your side dish in a FIFTY/FIFTY Food Storage Container. They keep your food cold or hot all day, so you are free to take them with you no matter how long your travel is.
They're also the perfect to-go containers for all of those tasty leftovers! Don’t worry, no one is judging--we ALL love leftovers.
What you'll need:
- 3 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter
1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup fresh Parmesan, plus more to garnish
- olive oil, to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh lemon wedges, to garnish
How to make it:
- In a large skillet or pot, bring the salt and water to a boil.
- While you wait, prep your broccoli by trimming the stems and cutting the florets into similar sized pieces (I like mine bite-size).
- Add the rotini and boil on high for 4 minutes. Add the broccoli, cover, and set a timer for 3 minutes (Leave the burner on high enough to keep a rolling boil).
- When the timer goes off, turn off the heat and drain the pasta using a lid or colander. Return to the pan.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet melt the 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and crushed red pepper and saute for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Turn off the heat and add 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice. Add the lemon butter to the pasta and stir.
- Stir in 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese. Add a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with more cheese, fresh lemon wedges, and eat hot!
Leave a comment
We love feedback! If you leave a comment it will show up soon.